Five-star glamour inspires luxury family-friendly home
Five-star luxury and family-friendly may not appear to be an obvious fit if you’re looking to build a new home in Canberra. But local construction company Mayfair Homes has filled the gap. Its first display home, ‘The Curzon’, at Wright, has put the family-owned business on the map – and has given Canberrans more choice at the upper end of the market.
Winner of the 2014 Display Home of the Year award (over $500,000), ‘The Curzon’ has been a game-changer for Mayfair Homes, which has a 20-year track-record in the national capital.
Instead of playing it safe, director Steve Kolak led the team at Mayfair Homes to put everything they’d learned over 20 years into designing and developing ‘The Curzon’, to cleverly reposition the business at the middle to top end of the market – and the impact has been swift and spectacular.
“In particular, we took ideas and inspiration from five-star hotels and applied them to the design of the home in an affordable way,” Steve said. “As a result of ‘The Curzon’, we have gone from plodding away as a 10 home-a-year operation to building more than 25 homes each year.”
For Steve, being able to provide a full palette of high-quality inclusions for customers to choose from has created cut-through for Mayfair Homes in the competitive local market.
“It is important to us that all of the kitchen and bathroom inclusions and appliances stand the test of time – that’s why we have partnered with Southern Innovations,” he said. “We found our clients want premium European and Australian brands in these keys areas of the home.”
Here’s how to achieve the luxury look of ‘The Curzon’ display home in these key areas:
1. The integrated Italian-designed Smeg appliances, including gas cooktop, oven, rangehood and dishwasher, give the kitchen a seamless, contemporary feel.
2. The super stylish integrated coffee machine, complete with steamer, will make that instant caffeine hit in the morning a thing of the past!
3. A butler’s pantry is the perfect place to ‘hide’ non-integrated appliances likes toasters, juicers and kettles, and keep the kitchen craziness behind closed doors!
- Make the bathroom chic and affordable by mixing high-end products with stylish and affordable local brands such as Neko – with its vanities, towel rails and shower shelves.
- The Rogerseller Cloud Cover and Hansgrohe tapware are the epitome of five-star living – even the optional shower wand is a winner in function and design.
- It wouldn’t be a luxury bathroom without a freestanding apaiser bath taking centre stage!
- “One-third of our clients are first homebuyers,” said Steve. “The others have had a home before, and come to Mayfair Homes keen to build their dream home, which is generally specification-heavy, because they know what they want – and as a client-focused business, we can make it happen.”
- Want a five-star-inspired family home?
At Southern Innovations, we love a little bit of luxury. Visit one of our showrooms in Canberra, Goulburn, Albury or Wagga Wagga and have a chat with one of our specialist sales consultants. Or check out our new-look supersite, where you can search and source the world’s leading kitchen, laundry, and bathroom accessory and appliance brands.