Planning your new home? Five things you need to know
You have finally made the step – from admiring display homes to building your own home. Whatever your style or budget, achieving your dream home should be a seamless process. That is why more people in Southern New South Wales are choosing Davis Sanders Homes.
The award-winning team at Davis Sanders Homes, has been building much-loved, high-quality homes for its clients for more than 22 years. Clients like superstar basketball player and Albury local, Lauren Jackson, who had her scrapbook of ideas expertly turned into a reality by Davis Sanders.
According to managing director, Murray Pigdon, teamwork across its operations is pivotal to its success, including building relationships with preferred suppliers like Southern Innovations.
“Reliability, exceptional customer service and loyalty are the key drivers for us – and for these reasons, we source plumbing products, in particular, from Southern Innovations,” Murray said.
Before you make a start on building your new home, consider Murray’s top five must-dos:
1. Block basics. When choosing your block of land, it’s important to weigh up whether to buy a flat or sloping block. While a block with a slope is likely to increase the cost of your build, the benefit of being able to capture stunning views may be worth the additional investment. Secondly, the orientation of your block should give your home the best opportunity to take advantage of the northern sun in your living and entertaining areas.
2. Ask questions (lots of them). Prepare a comprehensive list of questions to ask prospective builders before you make a final decision. One of the best ways to get a real sense of whether a builder will be able to deliver your dream home is to speak with previous clients – that way, you can confidently gauge whether they are the right builder for you.
3. Caution when comparing quotes. Always make sure your quote represents the complete price – don’t just pick the lowest price. The all-inclusive price should cover your kitchen tapware and accessories, laundry and bathroom fittings, as well as permitting, plumbing, driveways, paths, flyscreens, water tanks, key locks, windows, and heating and cooling products. Literally everything, including the kitchen sink!
4. Regular on-site visits. By making time to meet regularly with your site supervisor, and other tradespeople, such as your plumber, electrician, tiler and cabinetmaker, you will feel in control rather than overwhelmed about the project.
5. Enjoy the experience. Whether you’re a first homebuyer or planning to build your forever home, the experience should be an enjoyable one. Being well-informed and having a positive approach will open the door to creating lasting memories in your new home.
Want more ideas and inspiration?
Pop into a Southern Innovations showrooms in Canberra, Goulburn, Albury or Wagga Wagga and say hello to one of our specialist sales consultants. Or visit our new-look supersite, where you can search and source the world’s leading kitchen, laundry and bathroom accessory and appliance brands.
Murray Pigdon Managing Director
P 1300 781 816 or 02 60574777
21 Bennu Circuit, Albury 2640