Six tips to create a new home your family will love
Building a new home to raise your family is both a bold decision and big investment – with plenty of excitement and a teeny bit of apprehension blended in. For savvy buyers in search of family-friendly designs and options in the Albury-Wodonga region, Afonso Building Solutions is a smart choice.
The family-owned and operated business has a proven track-record of building modern family homes that are stars of the street because of their stellar inclusions and stunning entertaining areas. In particular, families are drawn to Afonso Building Solutions because of the team’s reputation for getting the job done with speed and efficiency – without compromising on quality.
For manager David Afonso, being able to build a family’s pride and joy is a privilege and built on trust – and the culture of trust has to extend throughout the supply chain for the process to be successful.
“We are always thankful a family has chosen us as their builder,” David said. “That is why we place great importance on trust – and we use Southern Innovations as one of our main suppliers because like us, they’re a family-owned business with a team that’s passionate about what they do.”
Before designing your family’s dream home, factor in David’s top six tips:
1. Clarify what your family needs (and wants). Will this be your forever home, or a stepping stone? What age are your children? Do you expect to have guests staying? Will a two-storey home, or single-level home work best? The answers to these questions (and others) will influence the way you approach building your family’s new home.
2. View other homes, in the flesh. Comparing floor plans, browsing showrooms and searching online galleries are certainly helpful in shaping the direction of your new home, but nothing beats inspecting the same, or similar, home in the flesh. You can get a real sense of how everything fits together, down to the inclusions, so you can make well-informed decisions.
3. Good design, from the get-go. A well-designed home means different things to different families. However, some common features of good design include: ensuring there is lots of natural light, plenty of storage, seamless inside-outside integration, privacy as a priority, and bathrooms and bedrooms that are positioned away from main living areas.
4. Careful kitchen planning. The kitchen is referred to as the hub of the family home for good reason. It is important to finalise your kitchen design before you buy your major appliances, like your fridge. Buying your appliances first can limit what you would ideally like to do with your kitchen. The butler’s pantry is experiencing a resurgence in popularity. If you’re a keen entertainer, it’s a sensible solution to keep the cooking chaos away from your guests!
5. Consider a statement piece in the main bathroom. Whether it’s a freestanding bath, double vanity or overhead shower, if a bathroom product really catches your eye, don’t be afraid to go with your heart. While it might stretch the budget, bear in mind a bathroom is a long-term investment and the price will become insignificant over time if you love the space.
6. Mix and match bathroom accessories. Be open to mixing and matching bathroom accessory product ranges. Wall-mounted bathroom accessories are currently on trend because of their neat look – from heated towel rails to shower shelves and soap dishes. Different brands and styles can be seamlessly tied in to look great and function well.
Whatever design you’re looking to achieve when you build your family home, Glenn Jones, area manager, Southern Innovations, points out one size doesn’t fit all.
“What suits one family is not necessarily going to suit another family,” Glenn said. “By choosing a family-friendly builder like Afonso Building Solutions, with flexible approach to design, you’ll get exactly what your family wants – and that’s the most important thing.”
Want a family home with heart?
At Southern Innovations, you’ve come to the right place. Visit one of our showrooms in Canberra, Goulburn, Albury or Wagga Wagga and have a chat with one of our specialist sales consultants. Or check out our website where you can search and source the world’s leading kitchen, laundry and bathroom accessory and appliance brands.
|<< Five-star glamour inspires luxury family-friendly home||Neko’s new Acton bathroom collection >>|